Monday, September 12, 2011

Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives

Here is a quick around the room activity I made to use with my students tomorrow. I wrote up ten sentences and underlined one noun, one verb, and one adjective in each of them. I will laminate them and then hang them around the room for the students to find. They will pair up with their partner and search for the sentences, identifying the different parts of speech. My plan is to cut the recording sheet into the three strips, and work on one part of speech each day for the next three days. For example, tomorrow I might say "When reading the sentences around the room identify which underlined word in each sentence is the noun." 
Hope you can use and enjoy this activity with your students...anything to get them out of their seats, right?
Click on the picture below to download the activity.

  

7 comments:

  1. Hi Megan! I just gave you an award over at my blog, Second Grade Style! I love your blog and have found lots of good stuff I can't wait to use! (including this parts of speech activity - my kiddos sure could use the practice!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, Just came across your blog today and also gave you an award. (The Versatile Award) Visit my blog at http://secondgradelockerroom.blogspot.com to pick up the award.

    I found many great ideas to use in my 2nd grade classroom from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little late, but this is a fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing. www.jwhit.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi megan- I just found you and it sure looks like you have fun over here. I taught second grade for a while and now I'm back down in first. Love your blog. Pop on over and check out my blog - I'm new to blogging.
    ~ Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I'm so glad I found your blog! I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger award!

    Check it out!

    Margaret
    Kinder Journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Safari.


    Read More: German shepherd husky mix

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...